At the Law Offices of James C. Shields, we specialize in three types of wills: testamentary, pour-over, and living wills. Our job is to facilitate the process of writing a will and ensure that it is done properly. It is not an easy decision to make on a course of action that will determine which family member or friend will receive your property. During this time, you will have an attorney by your side to educate you and guide you towards making the best decisions.
Some individuals postpone the writing of their wills, which can sometimes impede them from going through with the process. This can leave your families distraught and helpless. Therefore, it is highly important to understand the importance of a will so that it will give you an incentive to get started.
- To ensure that your loved ones are taken care of upon your passing
- To ensure that you are the decision maker of your property and money
- To make certain that you will not leave a burden on your family
- To be able to select a guardian for your children
- To be able to keep the family together as some families may become estranged if the action of writing a will is not executed
If you are interested in writing a will, contact us for a free initial consultation. During the consultation, our Torrance estate planning attorneys will discuss information regarding the three wills: testamentary, pour-over, and living will to determine which is right for you. The importance of keeping a will updated will also be discussed, and if you have any questions regarding the matter, our team will be eager to help.