from a Torrance Bankruptcy Lawyer Serving the South Bay
To many people, bankruptcy is a word filled with negative connotations. It is often wrongly associated with carelessness, poor judgment and being given a "free ride." At the Law Offices of James C. Shields, we deal with bankruptcy every day and we see it for what it is: A very common personal decision that allows people who are overwhelmed with debt a chance at a fresh financial start.
Contact us today online or call us at (888) 910-6652 to discuss your debt relief options.
Use the Law to Your Advantage!
Our Legal Team is experienced in both Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy proceedings. See how our knowledge in bankruptcy can help you in the following areas:
Is Bankruptcy Right for You?
At the Law Offices of James C. Shields, we have extensive experience helping people explore their debt relief options. One of the most effective ways to discharge debt is through bankruptcy. In determining whether or not bankruptcy is right for you, it may be helpful to ask yourself the following questions:
Are you tired of:
- Giving every cent of your disposable income to credit card companies?
- Borrowing more money to pay your existing debts?
- Receiving threatening phone calls and letters from debt collectors
- Worrying about losing your property through foreclosure and repossession?
- Having your money taken away through wage garnishment and bank levies?
While we would need to fully review your financial situation before we suggest filing for bankruptcy, if you answered yes to more than one of these questions, you may wish to call us at (888) 910-6652 to discuss the option of bankruptcy.
Pathways to Debt Relief
Bankruptcy is a federal court process designed to protect consumers from debt collection and develop a way to give them a fresh financial start. The two major types of bankruptcy that we assist clients with are:
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy: Debt liquidation. Offers clients an opportunity to wipe out a large majority of their debt.
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy: Restructures people's debts into a manageable payment schedule and in most cases, significantly reduces it.
We know that every client's situation is different and we tailor our approach to suit the needs and goals of each client.
Schedule Your Free Consultation with a Torrance Bankruptcy Lawyer
If you have further questions about the bankruptcy basics, then please do not hesitate to contact our premier bankruptcy law firm in the South Bay. You can reach us by telephone at (888) 910-6652 or you can fill out our online form to schedule your free initial consultation. You will be happy to know that our office is open on Saturdays and we can make ourselves available before or after regular business hours if you set up an appointment.
We Can Help You Find Financial Freedom
We Diligently Represent Your Interests
Over 50 Years of Collective Experience