Debt Relief Options in California
Get Counsel from a Torrance Debt Relief Lawyer
Dealing with enormous debt can seem hopeless at times, but it is important to remember that there are ways of handling that debt. Need a debt relief attorney in the Torrance area? At the Law Offices of James C. Shields, we help people explore their debt relief options. We will thoroughly review your situation to help you determine which option best suits your needs. If you decide that bankruptcy is the best option for you, we will help you through all stages of the Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy process.
Which Debt Relief Option Is Right for You?
At the California Law Offices of James C. Shields, we help clients in and around Torrance to explore their debt relief options. If you are overwhelmed with significant debt, you have a range of choices to consider:
- Doing Nothing: Hiding out from creditors may work for a while, but they are persistent and can catch up with you when you least suspect it. They can hit you with foreclosure and repossession as well as wage garnishment and bank levies and you may not even know it until your money or property disappears.
- Paying Your Debts: Taking money from your savings or 401k is an option, as is borrowing from friends or relatives. But, these options could leave you with little or no assets and damaged personal relationships.
- Debt Consolidation: This option is perhaps favorable for homeowners wishing to get a home equity loan. However, consolidating credit card debt into another unsecured loan is only exchanging one problem debt for another.
- Credit Counseling: There are many credit-counseling companies who promise big results, deliver little, and charge a hefty fee in the process. This option may be right for some people, but we urge you to use caution.
- Debt Negotiation: Creditors may be willing to strike a deal, offering to relieve your debt for less than you owe. You may need significant cash on hand, however, to take advantage of this bargain. This option also presents other legal complications that an experienced debt relief lawyer can help you avoid.
- Bankruptcy: Bankruptcy is a federal court process designed to help people who are overwhelmed with debt. It stops creditors from taking drastic actions against you and offers an opportunity to eliminate debt, or restructure and reduce your debt through a manageable payment plan.
Our attorneys will carefully review your financial situation and listen to your goals and concerns to help you decide how you want to deal with your debts. We have a long track record of success helping people like you eliminate their debt problems once and for all.
Free Consultation - Call a Bankruptcy Lawyer in Torrance
Need a debt relief lawyer in the South Bay? If you have questions about bankruptcy, we are here for you. Contact us today online or by telephone at (310) 626-4404 to schedule your free initial consultation with an experienced bankruptcy lawyer. We are open on Saturdays and are available before or after regular business hours by appointment. For your convenience, we accept checks and debit cards as forms of payment.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
In-Office, Phone, and Video Consultations Available
$995 Flat-Fee Bankruptcy (restrictions apply)
We Can Help You Find Financial Freedom
We Diligently Represent Your Interests
Over 50 Years of Collective Experience